Brake Repair in South Ogden
Your vehicle’s brakes are important components that you can’t afford to not have working. When your brakes are malfunctioning, it puts the safety of you and everyone around you on the road at risk. The technicians here at Tunex in South Ogden are highly skilled and experienced in manners regarding brake repair and maintenance. We strive to fix any issues with your brake system effectively and with timeliness, regardless of it is brake pad replacements, drum brake replacements, or even just a safety check.
How Brakes WorkYour car’s braking system is relatively simple but provides one of the most crucial automotive functions. There are just three primary components that make up a standard brake system, all of which need to be regularly checked and maintained. Occasionally, when brake repair is required, they will need to be replaced. Those three components are:
Warning Signs of Brake ProblemsThere are several signs that your brakes may be malfunctioning and are in need of promt brake repair. If you notice any of these signs, please don’t hesitate to give us a call right away to ensure that your car can be driven safely. It’s never worth ignoring possible brake issues.
- Screeching Sounds: Generally, these sounds indicate that your brake pads are worn down and need to be replaced. It’s important that this is done quickly, as worn down brake pads will only get worse, which can cause damage to other components of your vehicle.
- Vibrations When Braking: Vibrations in the brake pedal or steering wheel can often occur because of brake issues, especially if there is something wrong with the alignment of the rotor.
- Burning Smells: Bad odors that emerge when you use your vehicle are never good. Overheating brakes can happen if you are overusing your brakes or something is misaligned. This could mean a variety of things are wrong, and you should have your brake system looked at right away.
- Pressure Fluctuations: Whether your pedal is feeling softer or harder, such changes in pressure often means that something is wrong with the hydraulic system, including issues with the master cylinder. This type of issue can be very dangerous and should be checked as soon as possible.
- Brake Light Indicator: Lots of vehicles today have a brake light indicator that turns on when the system recognizes something is wrong. When this happens, it’s a good idea to have the system looked at.
As part of our free brake inspections, we will conduct a visual check on the brake system, inspect the undercarriage, check brake fluids, and take a look at the various brake components. If your brakes are worn or damaged, we can handle the brake repair, sending you back on the road safely.No matter your brake issue, the team at Tunex can help you identify it and fix it. We pride ourselves on reliability, efficiency, and customer service. Give us a call for a brake inspection or brake repair today!